Why is the Bus Late?
Sometimes buses are delayed because of traffic congestion or mechanical failure. Check our bus delays (Open external link) page to see if your child's route has been affected.
Types of Transportation Service
Transportation services that are available to families vary by school and by each child’s eligibility for those services. Speak with your school or call us if you have questions about the available options.
- At minimum, schools will provide student MetroCards to eligible students
- Schools may also offer school bus service if sufficient students meet busing eligibility criteria
- Specialized bus service is provided through accommodations to students with a DOE-approved medical condition or special circumstance
P.S. 29's Bus Contract:
Good behavior is essential to the safety of all who ride the school bus. For the safety of all children on the bus, it is necessary that parents advise their children to obey the following rules:
1. All children must be seated on the bus at all times.
2. Children are not permitted to lean out bus windows; hands and heads must be kept inside the bus at all times.
3. Children should speak quietly on the bus and should not speak to the driver when the bus is in motion.
4. Children should not throw objects inside the bus or out of the bus windows.
5. Aisles must be kept clear, bags should be on seats and legs should be kept out of the aisle.
6. Hitting, spitting or fighting is not allowed on the bus: no shoving is allowed when boarding or leaving the bus.
7. Children shall board and leave the bus one at a time.
8. Eating is absolutely prohibited on the school bus.
As the school year progresses, please continue to review these rules with your children.
In the event a child does not follow the bus rules, you will be contacted. Should a child’s behavior continue to negatively affect the safety of those children on the school bus, it may become necessary to take further actions