Summer Rising programs in grades K–8, families can sign up through the discover DYCD website (Open external link) starting on Monday, April 26.
- All New York City students will have an opportunity to participate in the program.
- No student will be turned away.
- Please refer to this spreadsheet(Open external link)to learn where your school’s Summer Rising program will be located.
Do not worry if your school’s program is listed as “To be announced soon” or if you cannot find your school’s program on (Open external link) discoverDYCD (Open external link) Additional programs will be added to discover DYCD (Open external link) on Mondays each week. Please complete this survey (Open external link) so we can be in touch to let you know when your school’s program is listed and help you through the registration process. You should also create an account on discover DYCD (Open external link) to receive email updates and learn about the new program locations added on Mondays.
If your student is a New York City resident who does not attend a DOE school, you should apply to a program that is in your neighborhood.
- Summer Rising will be available throughout the City to every New York City student.
- All programs will be run by local school leaders and trusted community-based organizations.
- Summer Rising programs are full day and in-person experiences
- All programs will create a bridge back to school in the fall and give parents peace of mind as they return to work.
- The environment will be safe and supportive. Staff members are prepared to respond to children’s social and emotional needs.
- Summer programs will offer academic support, arts, recreation, and social-emotional support.
- There will be local field trips to parks, pools, and other enriching outdoor venues that are educational and in accordance with State health and safety guidelines.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be served to each student.
Summer Rising Calendar
- Grades K–5
- July 6 to August 20 (except July 20)
- 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Grades 6–8
- July 6 to August 12 (except July 20)
- 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Grades 9–12
- July 6 to August 13 (except July 20)
- Schools will program students for courses and activities within Monday to Friday, at hours throughout the day to accommodate your student’s schedule.
- Students with 12-month IEPs (D75 and ESY)
- July 2 to August 13 (except July 5 and July 20)
- 8:10 a.m.–2:40 p.m., with the option to stay for the extended day
More information can be found here on the DOE website:https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/summer/