Student Dress Code
- The school uniform is mandatory.
- Please visit The Children's Place, Lands End, or Wicked Stitches to purchase the PS 29 uniform.
- All students should be wearing appropriate clothing including the school uniform shirt.
- The school sweater, khaki pants, shorts, sweatpants or a khaki skirt or skort is an acceptable dress code for students.
- It is not appropriate for students to wear clothing that has inappropriate language or messages.
- Hats are not to be worn inside the school building.
- For winter months especially in younger grades please label all hats, gloves, mittens, umbrellas etc.
- For their safety, students who do not wear sneakers cannot participate in physical activity on gym days.
- Students are to wear closed shoes. Open backed clogs with or without straps and/or exposed toes are not allowed. Sneakers are the safest footwear to be worn in school.
- In warmer weather flip flops are not permitted. Parents will be contacted to bring a change of shoes.
- Remember, all children go out to play for recess even in cold weather. Be sure to send your child to school with the appropriate outerwear, including hats, gloves and winter coats. Please label all articles of clothing.
- Hats, bandanas or any kind of head covering should be removed upon entering the building, unless there is a medical or religious exemption.