5th Grade Graduation Final Assembly
What: PS 29 Bardwell - 5th Grade Ceremony
Where: Wagner High School Athletic Fields
When: June 23, 2021 from 5:30pm - 6:30pm
As you know, our moving up ceremony is one of which we are extremely proud. This year, our ceremony will have a different look, and your cooperation is greatly appreciated. We are enlisting your support to make this day a most positive memory, particularly in light of the year that was. Please review and note these important guidelines:
1. Families (including graduates) should arrive approximately 30-45 minutes prior to the ceremony. 5th graders will be seated in reserved rows closest to the stage on the athletic fields. All other guest seating is arranged in pods of two. Guest seating is unassigned, however, we did our best to arrange chairs in a way that allows all attendees to have an unobstructed view of the stage while still maintaining proper social distancing. Only two guests per graduate (or set of graduates in the case of siblings) will be permitted entry to the event. We ask, to the greatest extent possible, that guests and graduates arrive together, as a pod of three, to facilitate and expedite the entry process.
2. Upon arrival at the ceremony, all guests are to make their way to the entrance to the fields located on Manor Road, below the new Arts building. Please see the map below. All guests (not including students) “must present proof of a recent negative diagnostic test result or proof of completed immunization (e.g., mobile application,
screenshot, image, paper form)” to school staff upon arrival to the event. Individuals who have fully recovered from a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 3 months and who do not have any recent or current symptoms are not required to produce a recent negative diagnostic test result but must provide proof of illness and recovery (e.g., proof of a prior positive test result or completed order of isolation within the last 90 days). According to New York City Department of Education guidelines, masks must be worn on school property.
3. Guests will be greeted by staff members who will distribute a program and verify the above criteria is met, and will also verify affirmative answers to the current DOE Health Screening questionnaire (also attached). With regard to the health screening, guests may either complete the attached form and hand in upon check-in or complete on their mobile device and display their screen. Under current state guidance, entry to the event must be denied to any attendee who fails the health screening questionnaire.
4. After check-in, 5th graders must report to the far end of the football field, by the baseball field where they will be assembled.
5. Once admitted, guests will be escorted to the bleachers and await the beginning of the ceremony. Each set of two seats will be socially distanced and marked accordingly.
6. Masks must be worn by each attendee (regardless of vaccination status or negative COVID test) for the duration of the ceremony. As per current guidance, attendees must adhere to social distancing guidelines and remain 6 feet apart from non-family members at all times.
7. Tickets will be used for this ceremony. Only parents and guests with tickets will be permitted to attend the graduation. Each person attending the ceremony regardless of age must have a ticket. All tickets will be assigned to a specific family/graduate and are recorded. Based on the results of the form, tickets specific to the date and time indicated will be distributed prior to the ceremony. Remote only students will be given an approximate two-week window within which tickets are to be picked up. The form will also ask if there are specific medical
conditions of any guests that may prohibit them from walking to the seating area or from sitting in the bleachers.
8. If taking pictures during the ceremony, please be considerate of those around you. The stage area is reserved for the graduates and staff only. Balloons are prohibited. We also ask that the members of the audience remain silent during the announcement of the graduate names as we will give them a well-deserved round of applause upon the completion of this reading. The ceremony is expected to be approximately an hour in duration.
9. Semi-formal attire is expected for this ceremony. Students are to wear, dress clothing; remember that it is windy on the field outside. Please see the dress code shared with you by Mrs. Strange.
10. Once our ceremony begins, guests are asked to remain in their seats throughout the ceremony. Guests may rejoin their students following the ceremony on the perimeter, outside the schoolyard, as students make their way onto the sidewalk on Brielle Avenue.
11. All guests, including graduates will exit the complex through the Brielle Avenue gate. Please see the map below. We are sure that you will join us in making this graduation ceremony a lasting tribute to our students who have worked so hard to reach this day. Thank you for your participation, cooperation, and support.
5th Grade Dues
5th Grade School Photo
If any 5th grader has yet to take their school photo, they must contact Yearbook Innovations, located at 4038 Victory Blvd and schedule an appointment as soon as possible by calling 1-888-699-7257. We encourage all 5th graders to take a photo so they can be placed in the yearbook, even if parents/guardians have no interest in purchasing photos.
Open Houses for Middle Schools
- I.S. 61 virtual open house is tonight at 6:30pm.Showcasing their specialized programs.
Please use the link below to enter the zoom meeting.
I.S. 51 virtual open house tour is below: They also set up a form on our website that allows for your parents to ask us questions directly.
Middle Schools Applications are Open
Get ready for middle school! All New York City 5th graders can apply to middle school this winter. The middle school application deadline to apply is February 9. Apply to up to 12 programs on your child’s application: list programs in your true order of preference, with your first choice at the top as #1.
Apply one of three ways: online with MySchools, or through Family Welcome Center.Questions? Watch the“How to Apply to Middle or High School” MySchools tutorial.